Mon - Sat : 8:30am - 9:00pm

Party Wall Surveyor

Complete Service

Our London & Surrey Party Wall Survey team of chartered surveyors are specialist party wall surveyors drawing on extensive property experience and client care to offer:

  • complete start to finish service
  • free plan check
  • free initial consultation
  • free immediate appointment
  • competitive prices
  • 24-hour notice/report creation and same-day submission
  • 24-hour email response and/or call-back
  • tips on avoiding hidden statutory costs
  • performance guarantee
  • legally binding awards
  • weekend service
  • free post-works inspection
  • free guidance on enforcement
  • balanced, fair and impartial advice
  • efficient completion time (from 1 week*)

*requires complete drawings and structural calculations, same-day neighbour acknowledgments, next day site visit permissions and agreed surveyor status

Book a Party Wall Surveyor in Surrey

If you are planning building works and need Party Wall advice or a quote:



If you have received a Party Wall Notice or a Party Structure Notice:


What is party wall?

A party wall is a wall that divides the properties of neighbours. The ownership of that wall is shared between them.

The Party Wall Act covers any building work that may affect someone else’s property, even if it doesn’t involve a party wall. This includes cutting out pockets to insert beams, cutting away chimney breasts, underpinning, raising walls close to the property boundary or even just excavating within 6 metres of a neighbouring structure.

These works are often carried out in renovations, loft conversions, basement conversions and extensions.

A neighbour undertaking the works covered by the Act has a legal duty to serve proper notice to all affected neighbours. Failing to do so can result in a complicated claim for damages or a court injunction, which can be very expensive.

Upon receipt of a Notice, an affected neighbour has 2 options: consent to the works, meaning that they simply progress, or dissent, meaning that an independent surveyor must be appointed to resolve any dispute.

Neighbours can each appoint their own surveyor or agree to one. A surveyor will check all the information relating to the building work to minimise risk for all neighbours. Then, an Award is drafted. This is a legally binding agreement and it will usually include a record of the affected neighbour’s property.

Prinsegate are regulated by the RICS and will take care of all the procedural work for you with their chartered surveyors. Call us now.